London Centre for Nanotechnology
|5 days per week
|Cleanroom Induction and Training required
|Training is required to use this item and we can arrange this if needed.
Single combined vacuum and reaction chamber, providing:
- High productivity in multi-user, mixed process environment through rapid temperature ramping by direct conductive heating of the substrate platen.
- Minimal precursor consumption and short purge times through ultra-low volume of 430 cm^3.
- Simple precursor residency extension by hardware stop valve (ExposureMode™) for HAR or porous substrates up to 2000:1, or future flexibility with low temperature processes.
- Short learning curve and simple operation with no pressure balancing requirements.
Manifold delivery of precursors providing:
- Robustness in multi‑user environment with inexperienced users through very short precursor tubing, (approx. 6cm from manual precursor valve to ALD valve) and reliable uniform heating of precursor paths.
- Precursors exchange in minutes by the user with minimal training or clean room supervision.
- Pre-conditioning of the precursor path (the manifold is a topological extension of the chamber) allowing option to precondition the total wetted route with a new solid surface which no-longer participates in the ALD process. (Not possible with single line delivery or delivery by two separate manifolds (precursor and oxidant separate manifolds).
- Experiment flexibility in multi-user environment through all precursor ports being capable of liquid, solid and gaseous precursors interchangeably.
Materials and Precursors at LCN
Port Film Precursor acronym Precursor name
1 N/A H2O DI water
2 Al2O3 TMA Trimethylaluminum
3 HfO2 TDMAH Tetrakis(dimethylamido)hafnium(IV)
4 SiO2 TDMAS Tris(dimethylamino)silane
5 ZrO2 TDMAZ Tetrakis(dimethylamido)zirconium(IV)
6 N/A Ozone Ozone
Intuitive single-screen GUI for almost all system operations, providing:
- Minimal user learning curve or supervision requirements.
- Multi-user productivity.
- Windows 7 operation.
Free daily support via ALDSupport@ultratech.com providing:
- Scientist to scientist support.
- Typically same day detailed response and continued dialogue.
- Process and recipe support.
- Maintenance support.
Free access to recipe database providing:
- Access to fully detailed and qualified recipe sheets for the full Ultratech database.
- (As a starting point, system will be delivered with fully detailed recipes for aluminium oxide, hafnium oxide, silicon oxide and zirconium oxide.) Local UK maintenance support through Omni/IES Engineers.
Quarts Crystal Monitor
Item ID #
Last Updated: 10th April, 2017